I don’t know about you but when the weather and seasons change so do my drink preferences. In the summer I crave crisp and refreshing beverages while in the fall and winter months I prefer something hearty and flavorful. After browsing through Pinterest
I found the perfect cocktail to transition into fall with – Spiked Cherry Cokes.
- Cherry flavored vodka
- Coca-Cola, Pepsi or any brand of cola (I use Diet)
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- Pour in 1 shot of cherry flavored vodka
- Fill rest of tumbler with cola
- Add 1 spoonful of maraschino cherry juice
What is your favorite fall/winter beverage?
How many times can someone stop and start the same blog before Blogger tells the person- “No. Just.. no.. please just give up.” Every time I think of my blog it reminds me of a version of the elementary gym game “red light, green light.” You know that one? A couple years ago I had some momentum but just like in the game someone screamed RED LIGHT and I was caught and sent to the bleachers to be a bystander.
ANYWAY, not going to explain why I haven’t blogged because the reason is simply that I didn’t want to. I thought about it. Wrote down ideas on napkins, post its and the back of my hand when I got a hint of inspiration. But that normally fizzled out before I could ever sit down at the computer. Whenever I did find a tinge of inspo (is that what the cool kids call it now?) I would mess with the blog design and royally fuck it up. See?
The other day I got caught in a “blogger trap” where I started to read a new post from a blogger who had a “You Might Also Like…” section on their blog and next thing I knew I was back in their 2013 archives. I felt such a sense of nostalgia that I went back to my own archives and looked at old posts. While some (most) of them are embarrassing it was fun to look back and re-live some of those posts and moments.
A couple things I noticed while strolling down the memory lanes of my blog archives:
1) I was much more whitty back then.. or at least I think so.
2) I LOVED GIFS. I used them as often as I could.
3) I can’t believe I never told anyone about my blog besides Paco (and I never actually told him, he kind of just figured it out.) I wish I made it public in the beginning and told friends/family because I feel like I would have done more with it if I was brave enough to share it with them.
So do me a favor if you happen to stumble upon this post – go through a couple of my archives and try not to judge or laugh at my writing. THEN go to your archives and do the same. It’s fun. I promise!
Sincerely and ALWAYS Sarcastically,