It is hard for me to believe that I am actually only 2 years away from being 30 (!!!!!!!I’m not ready!!!!!!.) I don’t feel mature enough and I still do or say things from time to time that even makes me shake my head at myself. Like when I backed into a tree on Easter. I feel like I am missing a few years in between 18 – 28 because there are still so many things that I never learned how to do.
- Fractions. I couldn’t finish a 3rd grade fraction homework sheet if my life depended on it.
- Taxes/checkbook balancing/retirement/stocks/savings terms. I think there should be a mandatory class in high school for every student that teaches them normal day to day things you’ll need to know as an adult.
- How to start a fresh roll of toilet paper without massacring it. I ruin half of the roll during this process.
- How to find the perfect shade of foundation. Cool, warm, neutral undertones? I have NO idea. I’m strawberry blonde with dark eyes, pale skin and blueish veins – there is no makeup shade that matches my skin.
- Wedding etiquette. Did I miss the memo sent to all little girls regarding wedding planning? There are so many rules, tips, expectations, ETC that my head is spinning..
- A foreign language. In high school I took 2 years of Spanish and can’t speak a word.
- How to shave my legs without cutting them. It’s a blood bath every time I shave.
- How to change a tire. I really have no desire to ever change a tire.
- Posture. I am the slouchiest person that has ever slouched.
- To like vegetables. Growing up my mom always served vegetables at the dinner table and I never touched them. It hasn’t been until recently that I started to eat these foods. I still don’t like them, but I realize I need to be healthier. (I typed that as I was ate a piece of chocolate, how fitting.)
- Laundry terms. Are all women supposed to know how to properly wash knits, cottons and wools? Was this taught in Home Ec. class?
- How to use power tools.
- How to buy and or hang curtains. Seriously, I wish I could attend a class on this because I’m clueless.
- Brew the perfect cup of coffee.
- Not overcook chicken, beef or fish. No matter how many times I google the proper way to cook these things, I always overcook them.
- How to only have “a couple drinks.” It’s either all or none.
What are some “things” you’ve never learned?