I hope everyone had a fantastic New Years! And I hope your hangover is gone by today, especially if you had to work like me. This year Paco and I opted to stay in rather than go out to a crowded bar or plan a house party and I am so glad that we did. We made fancy salted caramel martinis, ate loaded cheesy nachos and stayed up way too late talking. I couldn’t think of a better way to start 2015.
While I love the idea of a New Year and a fresh start – I hate the idea of starting out the New Year with the added pressure of coming up with resolutions. Therefore, I am not going to make any New Year’s Resolutions for 2015. Typically my past resolutions involved “losing that last 5 lbs,” or “stop biting my nails!” and in recent years.. don’t laugh.. “Try not to be such a bitch” (I’m a real gem, I promise.)
As I’ve become older I realize I don’t necessarily need resolutions. These “resolutions” are actually just things that I should be doing anyway without promising myself that I’ll complete them within the next year. But, for shits and giggles here are a few things (not resolutions) that I HOPE to do in the New Year:
– Go on a tropical vacation! (I’m cheating.. that’s already planned but I wanted something to cross off.)– Blog more.
– Plan a wedding without going crazy.
– Plan a wedding without making Paco go crazy.
– Create a “thankful” jar. (Jot down things I am thankful for throughout the year and toss them into the jar to read on days when I’m being a moody bitch.)– Eat healthier and try new foods.
– Practice patience.
– Stop being so hard on myself.
– Stop being so hard on other people.
– Shake up my daily routine of “sleep, eat, work, repeat.”
What are some “things” you hope to accomplish in the New Year?